Wednesday, January 07, 2009

Market Street Pizzeria Open

Great news!! The Market Street Pizzeria is now open, in the Victor Building, where La Riviera used to be. The menu is similar. I had a large slice of pepperoni and sausage on thin crust, and a bottle of soda (the soda fountain isn't up yet but will be soon) for $5.08. It was good. The preliminary menu has pizza, stromboli, appetizers (the garlic knots looked delicious through the window), chicken, a variety of salads, wraps, burgers, sandwiches, and assorted other items. There is also a soup of the day, with bread. Hours are Monday through Friday 11 a.m. - 8 p.m., Saturdays noon to 6. I'm not sure they are open all hours yet so you might want to give them a week or so before going for dinner, but those working late at L3 or students heading for the riverside parking lot will surely enjoy the opportunity to get something to eat before heading home, not to mention the residents of the Victor who might appreciate having a pizzeria so close to home again.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi! I am a newish (started 08/FA to do a post bac in Teaching) student at Rutgers Camden and was wondering how far the Victor is from, say, the Armitage building. I have only been to the Armitage building, library, and bookstore! Is it walkable from these places? It sounds like such a nice place to have a meal. Thanks!

Julie said...

Jackie,

the Victor building is the tall one with the stained glass pictures of the dog listening to the gramophone at the top.

From Armitage, walk past the student center, across the street to the red tables. You can either turn left and walk up to Market (about 2 blocks) and then right over to the Victor.

Or, the path I usually take is to walk past the red tables over to the Walt Whitman Center (the big stone building that used to be a library and looks like it), take the diagonal sidewalk past the statuary and that takes you to the back of the Victor. Cross the street, up one block and then up the ramp to the pizza place.

From Armitage it should be about a 5 to 10 minute walk depending on your pace.

My directional abilities are notoriously bad though; you might want to ask someone else.

Anonymous said...

That sounds very quick - I will give it a try when the semester starts! Thank you.

Julie said...

Jackie,

If you can find the library you can find me; if you'd like a guided tour to the Victor sometime let me know.

In any event, let me know how you like the pizza. Check out Miss G's, too. It's the little grocery store next to the pizza place.

Anonymous said...

Thank you for that offer! I will visit you when school starts! I love the library. One of the things I've most enjoyed about starting school again is having access to a good University library (I work at an art school and it has a great art library but the general collection is not as wonderful - and believe it or not I found many rare art books at Rutgers which my workplace doesn't have!).

Julie said...

Jackie,

I'll look forward to it. You should also meet the librarian who works with the art dept and the teacher certification program.

Anonymous said...

Wow - how generous of you! Thanks so much. I would love to meet you all. I'll stop in before class on the 20th!

Julie said...

We look forward to meeting you. Ask for me or Vib.