Friday, July 07, 2006

Camden Community Farmer's Market

On my way home from work today, I caught the train at Broadway in order to check out the Camden Farmer's Market. I can't wait to sink my teeth into the fresh corn that I purchased there!

Along with fresh produce, there were crafts, information booths, and other food vendors. By the time I got there most of the festivities were wrapping up, but I spoke with the woman selling me the corn and she said they had a large crowd earlier in the day.

Produce was available from Pastore Farms, a third generation farm located in Elm, NJ and Fruit Haven Farms located in Monroeville, NJ.

Other food vendors:
McCargo's Creative Cuisine, which is a fantastic restaurant on Cooper Street.
Front Page Caribbean Cuisine, a place I am certainly going to check out after viewing the menu.
Erlton Italian Bakery, a "Camden fixture since 1966".

I am so glad I went to the Market, not only because I now have corn for dinner, but because I found out about a local restaraunt and bakery that I did not know about!

I plan on coming home that way every Friday to stock up on fresh bread and produce!

No comments: